HELP with buzzing microphone (new problem)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 6parkour9, Nov 24, 2013.

1. 6parkour9

6parkour9 Private E-2

there is some threads about this none like mine i think! :(
    Sorry bad inglish :p

Well first off i have a coolbay tx black as my box i5 with a 660 gtx and most important for this thread an asus XONAR Dsx

i bought the 5.1 logitech Z906 as my speakers
    and 75€ sennheiser headphones

i plug the headphones to the z906 console and there is no buzzing
    when i plug the micro to the motherboard or front pannel or even to the motherboard the buzz sound start
    i turned the computer off and unplugged the power source and the buzzing noise keeps
    before this new headphones i got the Asus Orion and i had no buzzing at all

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Buzzing always indicates a bad ground connection. Have someone check and resolder the connection(s) if/where needed.

3. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

All check to see if there any lose screws on the mother board that is holding it in place this all so can cause bad grounding as well.

Just make sure they are not so tight that it will break mob.Just tight enough that they are not lose.

4. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

That does not make sense. You cannot have buzz if all power has been physically disconnected. So my guess is all power was NOT removed and interference is leaking in from somewhere.

Try it again with the computer power supply unplugged from the wall. If still buzzing, start disconnecting other devices from the back of your computer starting with the audio connections to your speakers. At some point, the buzz should go away and that should point to the source of your interference.

How do you power all your devices? Note resistance to Earth ground is different at every wall outlet. If you have your computer plugged into one outlet and your speakers plugged into a different outlet, you could have a "difference in potential" great enough to create "noise" or interference. This is especially true in older homes with older wiring. Therefore, it is always best to have all your computer equipment powered through the same wall outlet.

If using a power strip, try a different one, or bypass that one, or better yet, get a "good" UPS with AVR (which everyone should be using anyway) to power all your computer and networking equipment.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds