Help with crash dump!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by novachic, Jun 22, 2009.

1. novachic

novachic Private E-2

I need help with my computer. :cry I have a dell inspiron 531 with windows vista home premium os. Atleast once every day I have this problem. I will either be on the internet or on pogo.com playing games. My computer will get slow then it will freeze up then a few seconds later the screen goes black but I can still hear the sound going from the games i was playing then after apx 1-2 min the computer comes up with this blue screen with all kinds of stuff on it and says preparing for a crash dump then will shut off on it's own. Then it will reboot on its own and sometimes on start up it will do it again. Can someone tell me what is wrong with my computer and help me fix it. I know some about computers :confused but will need to be walked thru the steps to help fix this. Thank you.

Cynthia

2. novachic

novachic Private E-2

I just did the sticky How to Debug memory dumps.

This is what it says.
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE
    Arg1: 87744008 Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT)
    Arg2: 8b614d80 The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag)
    Arg3: 00000000 Opitional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation
    ARG4: 00000002 Opitional internal context dependent data.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to try and fix these.

Thanks

3. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Download EVEREST, install it and tell us what your temps are after about 5 - 10 mins of playing your game.

4. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

You know what, changed my mind. Download RivaTuner, I only said Everest because its the easiest to use, however it doesn't always work, I've found RivaTuner works like a charm. Dowload and install it, run it, click on the lower right Customize arrow. Select Hardware Monitoring. Let us know what it gets to during your game.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Just incase its driver related update to latest driver for your PC model of Dell 531 HERE (use Everest as suggested earlier to check temps to find the model of Graphic Card you have, just click Computer > Summary > then under Display will be the videoa adapters name)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds