HELP! with flash drive... urgent.. =-(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by philkills, Dec 15, 2005.

1. philkills

philkills Private E-2

Hi,

I've had my corsair flash drive for about 1 month now and just now while booting up windows decides to scan it and turn 80% of the files to junk... wtf!! =/ this has totally screwed up everything on there

Please does anyone know how i can recover the lost data?

2. philkills

philkills Private E-2

bah does no one even know why windows done this? =/ Stupid windows....

Anyway it converted all the files to file sizes of 8kb saying that there was errors on them... pfft id rather take my chances tbh...

Also on attempting to recover the data i couldnt see any of the files that it copied over. However, it did make 160 filecheck0001.chk, 0002.chk etc files that i found there (also 8kb).. anyone know wtf happened here... would like to prevent it in the future if poss.

3. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds