Help with hardware, software or both?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by provobis, May 2, 2010.

1. provobis

provobis Private First Class

Not sure which is at fault, or should I just chuck and replace them both?

I've had a Adaptec AVC-2410 tuner/capture card for some years and using that have been able to record and burn my personal VHS tapes to DVD as well as (legally) capture TV from satellite programing to also burn recorded TV programing to DVD. The 2410 had InterVideo WinDVR 3.0 bundled with it when I bought it and at some point about a year ago the software evidently became somewhat erratic, sometimes with video without sound, sound without video, or sometimes freezing whereupon the recording also unexpectedly stops. The only way I have been able to minimize (but not eliminate) these problems was to "pre-cycle" (ahead of time) the recording process (from VHS and/or TV tuner programing) several times before starting my actual record/save session. The problem(s) have become worse whereby now even my preparations before beginning a session do not work well enough, so I can never know when hour(s) of preparation and recording are spoiled by software (or hardware) error/stoppage. I'm not certain if the problem lies with the Adaptec 2410 card, the Win DVR3 software, or both, as I have previously downloaded updates and drivers for both. I am advised nothing more is available for either the software or hardware, both being obsolete or outdated and no longer having support. So I need suggestions on how to fix the software, hardware, or replace both with an equivalent or better bundle which I can use to continue my multimedia activity as described.

I am running XP pro svc pk 2, total physical memory 4,096 mb, Dual Intel 3005 mhz

Any help with observations, suggestions, recommendations, referrals or experience with this would be appreciated.

Thanks all, :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds