Help with installing an older version of xp pro?

Discussion in 'Software' started by londondweller, Dec 27, 2007.

1. londondweller

londondweller Private E-2

Hey, guys...I'm a new-comer and apparently not mechanically inclined enough to find a tab for new posts, as it took me 20mins of starting at the screen...rolleyes

I'm having a trouble re-installing xp pro...it seems the cd contains the older version, so it just prompts restarting the pc and booting from the cd, so it seems a bit like a closed circle...any ideas? Help would be very much appreciated...

...And Merry Christmas to everyone :celebrate

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

First, why are you re-installing XP?
    And second, have you re-set your boot options in set-up to read from your CD drive first?
    Edit: You have to re-start your PC and on the first screen there will be a message (probably upper-right or lower-left corner) That tells you what key to push to get there. Once there, find Boot Options and set your CD-ROM first, then save options and exit.

3. londondweller

londondweller Private E-2

Hi... The pc doesn't have a firewall and is v slow...

I haven't set it up...But I'm trying to delete the old system, so I can install the one from the cd...

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

There should be a format option on the XP disc.
    There are ways to speed up your PC and also add a firewall, if you have anything valuble that you don't want to lose on that PC.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds