Help with Java JNLP program

Discussion in 'Software' started by MisterEdlb, Nov 5, 2012.

1. MisterEdlb

MisterEdlb Private E-2

Hi all and thanks for your input.

I have a windows 7 laptop and a web based java JNLP program that will not run on this machine.

On IE9, firefox and opera it asks what to do with the file open or save, if you open it asks again. If you save and then run as administrator, it will bring up the Java web installation program. "Not the intended program to run"

I have removed and reinstalled java several times, including removing when computer was running in safe mode.

I have check file association, and yes it is pointing to javaws.exe "java web start program" and shows the correct icon.

I have also opened java control panel and confirmed all settings there are correct.

My thinking now is to take all the jnlp registry keys out of my desktop that is working correctly, and install them onto the laptop. As everything I see is javaws is not being seen by the OS as installed.

Thoughts or cures?

Thanks in advance

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Maybe if you haven't already got it,then maybe you need the Java web installation program to open it.

My chain of thought,though, is if something is trying to open up, and you ain't requested it, then stay away from it, because you might cause yourself more problems, then, you'll be back asking for more help !!

Oracle themselves have written this : click link : http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/javase/index-135962.html

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  3. MisterEdlb

MisterEdlb Private E-2

Thanks but yes it is installed, I really think its in the registry becuase Java's web site says everything is installed correctly, and I've confirmed that javaws.exe "webstart" program is running under services.

Ed

4. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Have you tried the option of, totally uninstalling JAVA using :

http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html

which uninstalls everything from the registry aswell, then reinstall JAVA from the start again !

I know this may seem long winded but will give you peace of mind that everything is in the registry !

5. MisterEdlb

MisterEdlb Private E-2

Tried the uninstaller, no luck. Looks like I may have to wipe the system clean and reinstall windows.... :cry

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds