Help with Java not being recognized please

Discussion in 'Software' started by Draklaa, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Draklaa

Draklaa Private E-2

I have recently (within days) installed the latest Sun Java software. Since then, no websites (pogo.com, runescape.com, etc.) recognize that I have Java installed even though the Sun website verifies the installation. Any ideas?

2. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

3. Draklaa

Draklaa Private E-2

Already done. The only thing I noticed is that where it says:

Check the box next to the "Use Java 2" version

My Internet Options says:

Use JRE 1.5.0_06 for <applet> (requires restart)

Other than that, everything else done and things still not working. No Java sites work, but the Java download site still verifies the installation.

4. Draklaa

Draklaa Private E-2

Also, I just did an uninstall and reinstall. Everything seems to go fine, however, still not working. I did notice that when I went to add/remove programs to get rid of it, I had JRE 1.5.0_06, but there was no Java Web Start listed to uninstall. It is not there after a reinstall either and Java sites still not working.

5. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

MORE HELP:
    http://java.com/en/download/help/pogo.xml

"Applet Application
    Pogo Game Issues

SYMPTOMS
    Problems running Pogo games

SOLUTION

Use these suggestions to resolve Pogo Game issues.
    How to Clear the Web cache - Pogo games get stale in a Web browser, and clearing the Web browser cache weekly can help restart your game.
    "Java Corrupted or Misinstalled" - This happens when the runtime environment you are using is missing necessary components, or because your installation failed to complete properly. Reinstalling the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) can help fix this problem. "

6. Draklaa

Draklaa Private E-2

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, installed old versions, installed current versions, and installed beta versions. Everything uninstalls fine, installs fine, I get the installation verification at the Sun download site, but no Java sites work...not just pogo.

7. Draklaa

Draklaa Private E-2

Can some Java experts help?

Hey all! I recently ran through the malware removal procedures with help from Chas and when we were finished, I went to the "how to protect yourself..." page and worked through that. That means that I followed these steps:

8) Uninstall Microsoft Java and Replace with Sun Java

Microsoft no longer supports Java and it is often a source of installed spyware and hijacks so it is a good idea to remove Microsoft Java Virtual Machine and Install Sun Java. To remove it follow these steps.
    Select Start > Run and Enter "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,UnInstall" in the Open box, and click ok.
    Click Yes to confirm that you want to remove the Microsoft VM
    When prompted, reboot the computer
    Remove the following items: (Systemroot is where windows is installed (usually C:\Windows)
    The \%Systemroot%\Java folder
    The file java.PNF from the \%Systemroot%\inf folder
    The files jview.exe and wjview.exe from the \%Systemroot%\system32 folder
    The registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Java VM
    The registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ InternetExplorer \ AdvancedOptions \ JAVA_VM
    As an alternative to the above steps you can try the below tool to remove MS Java. Download and run theMSJVM Removal Tool 1.0a
    Now install Sun Java here: http://java.com/en/
    Make sure you check that you have the lastest version of Sun Java installed by clicking the link. If you have an older version, install the new version and then remove all old versions. It would also be a good idea empty the Sun Java cache periodically because many baddies will store themselves there.

You can choose a different language if you need it from the top menu on that page. (Any files or registry entries not found or errors can be ignored and go to the next step)

My problem now is, Java sites do not work. Sun's Java installs fine (I can get the verification that the installation worked from their "verify installation" section) but no Java works (i.e. Pogo, Runescape, etc.). Everything seems enabled correctly in the Java console and in IE internet options. I have uninstalled, tried different versions, etc. all to no avail. Also, because I have WinXP with SP2, I can't reinstall Microsoft's Virtual Machine. So, if I cant get Sun's Java working, I am kind of screwed.

Any ideas?

8. Draklaa

Draklaa Private E-2

:( Still not working. Anyone have any other ideas? I miss my Java lol.

9. Draklaa

Draklaa Private E-2

No one has any other suggestions?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds