Help with malware-line 608 message

Discussion in 'Software' started by bandgeek, Aug 12, 2012.

1. bandgeek

bandgeek Private E-2

Hello! I tried all the Malware removal things from your site, but am still having problems with "value connection failed at line 608." Attached are all the logs you needed to see. Hopefully you can help me! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to Major Geeks!

What makes you think this is due to malware? Your logs are all clean. What are you running / doing when you get this message?

Perhaps you should try not putting MSconfig into normal startup mode to see if you have disabled something you need. You have quite a lot of things disabled with MSconfig and this is a bad practice anyway. See the below links:

3. bandgeek

bandgeek Private E-2

Hi again! I adjusted what you told me but I still get that Parser message. I assumed it was Malware because I hadn't done anything different to my computer before I got that message, besides be on the internet. I ran virus scan as well, and didn't come across anything. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

4. chaslang

You did not answer my question where I asked
    Questions like below are what I'm trying to answer:
    1. Does it occur all the time ( periodically ) while the PC is on?
    2. Or does it only occur once, like at startup or at shutdown?
    3. Does it only occur when you run some particular program?
    4. ....etc.
    As I stated, I don't think this is malware. If I had to guess, I would say it is from the ArcSoft software you have installed and are running. I see the below:

5. bandgeek

bandgeek Private E-2

I get that message only when I am starting up. And actually, I can't shut my computer down through the start menu. I have to shut it down from the tower. Thank you!

6. chaslang

Try stopping the below via MSconfig as a test;

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ArcSoft Connection Service] C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACDaemon.exe
    O23 - Service: ArcSoft Connect Daemon (ACDaemon) - ArcSoft Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe

7. bandgeek

bandgeek Private E-2

Didn't help. I'm also now getting a message that "Windows Microsoft Search Indexer" is having a problem. I get that message when I reboot as well. Thanks!

8. chaslang

Okay then I suggest you see what happens when you boot in safe boot mode and then I will be moving this to the Software Forum after you post results because this is not a malware problem. It is due to some software you are running.

9. bandgeek

bandgeek Private E-2

It still shows up there as well. Thank you!

10. chaslang

Okay then I will move this to the Software Forum as it does not seem to be a malware problem. I still suspect it may be related to ArcSoft.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds