Help with memory manufacturer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by htown, Jul 31, 2009.

1. htown

htown Private E-2

I have an Asus P6T motherboard and I want to put some more memory in it but I cant seem to find the memory sticks that are required. I just got back from Fry's and they had nothing, best buy has nothing. I wanted it today so i went retail. I am now looking online and cant seem to find any of the memory that is on the qualified vendor list. Anyone help me find some DDR memory1G or 2G ticks at 8500/1066 DDR3 that run at 1.65V or less.

thanks,
    houston

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

ASUS has a tendency to list the actual manufacturer on their list, not the brand of memory... not helpful unless you're in the business and know who manufactures what. :)

How much did you want to add? Ibmest's link is one option that matches your specs... Kingston and Crucial both have memory scanners and configuration tools where you put in your system, and they give you a list of compatible parts, you can try them as well.

4. htown

htown Private E-2

I had someone tell me to check Micro Center and they had plenty of options, I just got back from there and installed the memory. So far so good.

I appreciate the quick response too.

Thanks again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds