1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with mobile internet.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BulletSponge62485, Jan 5, 2008.

1. BulletSponge62485

BulletSponge62485 Private E-2

I am currently the owner of a Moto RAZR v3m cell phone and also the owner of a HP Pavilion dv9608nr notebook. I know that the cell phone (which is through verizon) has a means of being used as a mobile high speed router for the laptop but I (according to verizon) have to spend $60 a month in order to do such a thing. Now I would be doing all of this through bluetooth of course but was wondering if there was any way that I can use my phone as a high speed modem for the notebook without lining the pockets of verizon. Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.
  2. xratedsoldier

xratedsoldier Private E-2

No, they monitor the use of your phone. So if you want the cool stuff you have to pay for it.
  3. BulletSponge62485

BulletSponge62485 Private E-2

I hate to sound like a criminal here but do you know what kind of punishment I would be looking at if I find a way to use my phone of as a mobile modem?