help with pc pleaseeee

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by edgaraespinosa, Jan 20, 2007.

1. edgaraespinosa

edgaraespinosa Private E-2

Ok i have a dell inspiron 6400 laptop. The edition insalled is the windows media center edition. I did the system restore and at the middle it of it the system restore just shut off and the computer went to a light blue screen. My computer has been having weird problems like memory problem and i dont know why. So i turned my laptop back on and everything is fine up until the point where you log in. Once it gets there a blue screen appear but theres no log in window. All there is in the screen is an error message which says "This application has failed to start because SHLWAPI.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." The problem is after i click ok, nothing happens. it just stays in the blue screen for ever and i tried using safe mode but it didnt work either. So please if anybody can help me that would be fantastic!

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds