Help with running malware removal step 5 & on

Discussion in 'Software' started by azdobber, Jul 6, 2007.

1. azdobber

azdobber Private E-2

I started trying to do the 10 step Malware Removal Guide last night. I ran into many problems: unable to run Counter Spy (able to download though) and unable to install latest version of SUN Java (able to download as well). I got this error on both: "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

I am currently unable to use my PC in the general boot mode and can ONLY use it in safe mode. I'm in a real pickle because I can't move forward in the Malware Removal process and I cannot get back to a restore point where my PC worked before because the Norton Go-back (to restore my system) won't work in safe mode.

I was unable to locate the file for Search & Destroy although one was made.

My PC is a Dell Dimension, 2.66 GB free disk space. :(

PLEASE help me!! Thanks!

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds