help with spam emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by sniper-uk, Jan 29, 2004.

1. sniper-uk

sniper-uk Private E-2

i keep getting loads of spam emails from aol but cannot block them in message rules dont download from server because my family and friends use it. My o/s is xp pro and was wondering How do i go about doing this without blocking emails from friends and family ive blocked other servers by doing this but not aol at present. I ve also run adaware6 and search and destroy to clear cookies etc Any Suggestions to get around this.:mad:

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

are you using outlook?

3. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

1 person likes this.
  4. sniper-uk

sniper-uk Private E-2

hi kodo yes im using outlook express

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

1 person likes this.
  6. sniper-uk

sniper-uk Private E-2

thanks for advice but i didn't really want to pay any other suggestions b4 i do pay?

7. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

use it for 30 days at no charge compliments of Giant.

I assure you that after you have used this program for those 30 days you will come back and tells us how happy you are with the program.

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I'm with Endiablo.. you will be amazed at the amount of spam it cleans out.. I was pretty skeptical at first when I tried it... then I was floored at how well it worked.

9. kefka

kefka Private E-2

I just bought spam inspector!!!! It works even with hotmail!!! Just be careful with outlook the "IS SPAM" is VERY close to "REPLY".

10. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

please note that the 30 days is now 15. (I just downloaded the latest version and it only gave me 15)

Also, if you don't want to pay/don't have the $$$ to, you can go for something like SAProxy. I used it for a while. It works well, but the newer spam seems to be getting by it more and more...

11. sniper-uk

sniper-uk Private E-2

ok ill try it its got to worth a try cheers

12. kefka

kefka Private E-2

You get 10$ off spam inspector. This program works without much setting up you just enter in your clients and some account info. Then you "train" the program by clicking is or isnt spam. It added all my contacts to a friendly list.. I am loving that it cleans out about 30 spam mails a day but NOW I DONT GET ANY EMAIL!! haha :p

13. sniper-uk

sniper-uk Private E-2

ive downloaded program and installed it im liking it its blocked loads of spam cheers ill use my 15 day trial then probably purchase it once again many thanks

14. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

If you do, click the link from the front page of our website or forums, we make a couple bucks. I have a vacation coming up, help me buy beer. :)

15. vnn

vnn Private E-2

Creating rule will be a fix for this problem

Tools-->rules and alerts--->new rule----> high lite move messages with specific words in the subject to a folder----->click on specific word (type AOL) then select specified folder you may create any folder where you want such spams to go.

MOD: Due to spammers utilizing the signature feature more and more to post links, it has become necessary for us to remove all sig links. In doing this, we are simply trying to protect all visitors and members of MajorGeeks. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Also, the posting of telephone numbers on the general internet is insecure as they could be found by anyone and you coul end up with millions of spam phone calls every day.

MajorGeeks Admin

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010
  16. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

A plea from the heart...I like it :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds