Help with Windows Display Settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by GrreatRon, Jan 29, 2008.

1. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

Try as I might I cannot get the type/font the proper size in various apps. In some apps the type is large and in others it is small and in some it is large in part and small in other parts. Can someone give me in simple terms how to adjust the various settings so I can get some consistency?

Thanks!

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Try this:
    Right click an empty spot on your Desktop, choose Properties, click the Settings tab, click Advanced.
    Are your DPI settings at 96?

3. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

apps that are problematic?

5. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

Agent Office, a contact database; text in message area in Outlook Express (I have the setting on large text in Options) & others.

6. Zyto

Zyto Private First Class

A function built into XP (assuming that is what you have) is that when in an application, and you wish to increase the size of text. press and hold the CTRL then roll the mouse wheel up (to make bigger) or down (to make smaller). This is also, of course, assuming you have a wheel scroll mouse. Hope this helps!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds