Help!!! Word 2007 crashing

Discussion in 'Software' started by anniebiscuts, Mar 22, 2008.

1. anniebiscuts

anniebiscuts Private E-2

MS word in office 2007 keeps crashing! Initially it crashed everytime I used the find replace icons and shortcuts - which I use all the time! and now It seems to crash at random! I've only recently downloaded office 2007 and havent messed around with the other programmes yet so dont know if there are any more gliches in it! Can anyone help? - I've got assignments due in and its driving me mad!! Oh my computer runs on VISTA
    Thanks lots :( :confused

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try the inbuilt repair option in Word to see if that fixes this, Open Word then click the Orb in the top left corner, then click Word Options > Resources then click the Diagnose button. ( likely you may need Office to be on disk, so where you get Office 2007 from? )

If that fails uninstall and reinstall Office.

3. anniebiscuts

anniebiscuts Private E-2

wow that was quick thanks lots : )

Ill give it a go now and see what happens : ):D

4. anniebiscuts

anniebiscuts Private E-2

I bought office from theultimatesteal.com - downloaded it so no disc

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You may not need it.

Open Word, click the Office orb, go to word Options.

Go to the Resource category and go through the diagnostics.

6. anniebiscuts

anniebiscuts Private E-2

Since doing what ya 'll suggested word hasn't crashed! :D Even when I forced my self to shortcut find replace I was so convinced it was going to crash and it didn't:D

Thank you Thank you - You're Brilliant :dancer

7. DavidGP

Really good to know that the advice fixed your issue, thanks Annie of the Biscuits for taking the time to say if this helped as it may help others searching on same issue.

8. anniebiscuts

anniebiscuts Private E-2

Harrumph!!:hammer

It's crashing again!! - Its only the find and replace this time tho - when I use find replace -either shortcuts or icons, word crashes - Gawd Dayam!! Any ideas anyone? Ive run the diagnostics test again and it says that there are no problems Hmmmmmm!

Thanks lots:major

9. DavidGP

HI Annie

Sadly maybe time to fully uninstall Office, run a cleanup routine, CCleaner ( its Cleaner and Registry cleaning options ) and then re-install.

One other thing, do you have Norton as your AntiVirus? if so disable its Office Plugin as it "can" at times play havok with Office http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820

10. anniebiscuts

anniebiscuts Private E-2

Thanks lots - I'll gve it a go - I dont run Norton Ive got the free version of AVG : )

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Might be worth disabling non-MS addons first.

Open Word, g to Word options at the bottom, then choose add-ins on the side. You can disable em from here.

12. anniebiscuts

anniebiscuts Private E-2

Thanks lots for the help - I left downloading office again until this assignment is finished - however I've downloaded the vista service pack which took ages, and office doesnt seem to have crashed since - even when I use the find replace function :D Lets see tho, last time I got all confident it all got tricky again :confused. Thanks lots for the advice you're brill ;)

13. DavidGP

Cheers for the update Annie, my fingers are X'd too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds