Hewlett Packard no-sound

Discussion in 'Software' started by lovelandmom4, Apr 2, 2012.

1. lovelandmom4

lovelandmom4 Private E-2

I had a friend wipe my hard drive and reinstall Windows XP. Now it came back with no sound. Speaker icon is gone in lower right and when I searched for the drivers it shows none. How can I get the sound back on my computer?

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Could you give the model number of your HP computer?

3. lovelandmom4

lovelandmom4 Private E-2

It was a HP pavilion mx70. but we had it rebuilt about 6 years ago. The operating system stopped working a few months ago and then I took it to a friend who downloaded Windows XP for me after wiping the hard drive. now I have no sound.

4. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major , you must follow the process !! :wave

Start - Run type this mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok - right click to yellow device - Properties - Details - scroll down the arrow finding Hardware ids - there is a code in the box , we need it ( select all - copy - paste ) the code here

5. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

I am only able to find HP monitors with the MX70 number. Is there a tag on the back of the computer with any information?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds