Hey everyone....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gregba, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Gregba

Gregba Private E-2

1st post......in need of some help

I will be the first to admit that I am not the best with computers, so that is why I came here. I will try to make as much sense as possible with my problem..

I just moved back into my parents home with my laptop. Back at my old place we had a wireless router and everything would download fine. Now at my parents house, I can no longer download anything the full way. Most youtube video's only make it about a 1/3 of the way through before they stop. And most downloads from websites do not make it past 50%. Could this be due to a new router?

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance...

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Yes theres a very small chance it could be the router, but not very likely. Your ISP isn't gonna be much help so don't bother. First step is to try another computer on the same network with the same youtube clips and such to see if it has similar problems. Start there and post back.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

New router, perhaps. Log into your router, if you know how, check for a firmware update if you like, but more then likely there is interference somewhere. Change routers channel and\or add an antenna booster maybe. If you dont know how to change router settings, holler.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds