hey question guys on cpu

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ktiz, Sep 11, 2004.

1. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

k i just got a new cpu its called zen

its a radiated liquid cool fan and the only thing im not sure of is how much thermal grease should i put on ??? it says put a substantial amount
    just thought i should check with bigger geeks then me :)
    any suggestions like should i put lots on or what

please replay quick thanks

2. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

you mean you got a cpu hsf assembly not a new cpu right? If your using Arctic Silver series of paste then you only need a very thin layer on teh core. As for other stuff just spread it evenly across the core of the cpu until the whole thing is covered then your set.

3. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

ok i put a bit on but now my comp starts up fine the first time and after that it dosent like to start up it takes like 6 tries its stupid but once its on its fine?
    any suggestions?

4. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

comon guys any suggestions?

5. Rob M.

Rob M. First Sergeant

Might be a good idea to check your CPU temps. It'll give you a clue as to whether you got the thermal interface right.

You could go to <http://majorgeeks.com/downloads11.html> for some monitoring software. Motherboard Monitor is popular, and can deal with many motherboards.

Let us know what temps you're getting.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds