Hi 8 video camera

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dynamite, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Dynamite

Dynamite Private E-2

I borrowed a Hi8 video camera for a trip andnow I'm wondering how to transfer the tape to my computer. My laptop and the camera have a S-Video port, and camera has an A/V out and an RFU DC out. My laptop has a firewire port but the camera doesn't seem to have one. What is the easiest(cheapest) way to transfer this video. Camera is a Sony model no.CCD-TRV328
    Thanks in Advance

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

The cheapest way would be to find a work/school comp to use but other than that you will need to buy a little converter box that converts the RF or digital signal into one that can be read by your computer these can be bought in lots of different flavours for firewire,usb and even plug in pci cards for a desktop pc but the firewire and usb are the ones you want for a laptop you just have to keep it safe and thay are more expensive than a pci card heres some examples-

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=53&Category=Multimedia/TV&Thumbnails=yes

video editing/capture is where you wanna look and shop round for price. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds