Hi. A Question.

Discussion in 'Software' started by ZenWarrior, Apr 28, 2016.

1. ZenWarrior

ZenWarrior Private E-2

Hello all. I've been a member of these forums for 7 years, but only now post for the first time. Frankly, there's never been need until now. However, am I just seeing things (or maybe unable to read) because I'm beginning to get downloaded files with different (i.e., previous) version numbers than what's listed as a new/updated version that's available. If necessary I can provide a couple of specific examples, but first I'll just say a file will listed as a newly updated v4.1 yet the actual download will be an older v4.0. This has happened with some frequency lately. Is this a problem only I'm having? TIA.

And a big thanks to MajorGeeks.com and those who operate it. It's the only site I recommend to the technically inept as a safe place to get their software. :)

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Please do so, so some of us can also test the download. Post what version of Windows you are running too.

DavidGP likes this.
  3. I've had this issue as well but so far it has only been on Filehippo.com with Firefox. I trust the site because I have been using it for years as well as Majorgeeks vast selection of 3rd party software. If anyone has thoughts on if Filehippo.com let me know.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yeah if you can post a few examples of apps with version number differences then that we can check, although in the past when I have done this the weird issue has been the versions of an app that are listed as new on a site with differing version numbers have been the same app, it comes down to where the site gets the version code from, as in Properties it can be a different code, but more so the installer version over app and vice versa.

Goes for MG and FH

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds