Hi All Its Been A While But Needing Help So Came To Those That Know.

Discussion in 'Software' started by ldylvsroses, Sep 30, 2016.

1. ldylvsroses

ldylvsroses Private E-2

im trying to help a friend who recently became a widow. She cannot access her husbands laptops because she does not have passwords. I am trying to delete all info and do a complete refresh/ restore to its original files. It won't let me because I don't have password.its vista operating system from 2012. Not sure what other information you might need but any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have any disks either.
    Thanks for your help
    MaryEllen

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi MaryEllen

It may be very difficult to do a refresh to factory settings in some cases unless you have a password or discs, but if you give us the make and model of laptop we maybe able to see if you can do a refresh to factory on this model, I did one for a friend who has a HP laptop the other week, could not do a Windows 8 refresh as no password but could do a complete wipe and restore to factory.

ldylvsroses likes this.
  3. ldylvsroses

ldylvsroses Private E-2

Complete wipe is actually what she wants to do since this was a work related laptop of his.
    Make = Toshiba
    Model = Satellite

Thanks for your help

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Do you know the model version of satellite? just as some have different methods of recovery

ldylvsroses likes this.
  5. ldylvsroses

ldylvsroses Private E-2

Satellite A215 ( is this what you need)
    Operating system is windows Vista home premium

6. ldylvsroses

ldylvsroses Private E-2

Any help please

7. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Try this:

8. ldylvsroses

ldylvsroses Private E-2

Thanks for replying. I did what you recommend
    Zero+power=beeped at me said press F12 =HDD Recovery
    Did nothing took me to Windows desktop
    Thanks for trying
    Still needing help

9. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds