Hi-Grade Notino R5400S

Discussion in 'Software' started by pmar2uk, Oct 19, 2010.

1. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

Dear all,

I have just obtained a Hi-Grade R5400s for a relation of mine who doesnt have much money .I have managed to get a operating system onto it and sound and lan drivers seem to have been found by driver detective .I cannot find the wireless driver , which he needs really as he is chairbound all day .The Hi - Grade website doesnt seem to be much use .Before i go and spend any money on a wireless adaptor can anybody let me know where i can find this driver ,

Many thanks

Peter

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I found the driver at the HiGrade web site. Click on this direct link to start the download. You will end up with a file called "Wireless.zip". You'll have to extract it. Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 have built-in extracting abilities for .ZIP files. Just double-click it and follow the on-screen instructions. Open the folders (there's one inside another inside another inside another) until you see a file named "Gemtek.exe". Double-click it to start the wireless install.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  3. pmar2uk

pmar2uk Private E-2

Many thanks for your help .The driver worked first time and then proved what i thought was happening in that the the wireless card is flaky , it then promptly died .But you have saved me so much time trying to find out if the card was worth saving or not .
    A friend of mine has now dug out a PCMCIA wireless card and we are going to try that ,but very gareteful for your help ( i am trying not to take for granted the helpful people on this site ),

regards,

peter

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds