HID compliant mouse drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by biggeekwannabe, Dec 11, 2009.

1. biggeekwannabe

biggeekwannabe Private E-2

Hey everyone, just trying to update my own drivers and can't find this one. Been everywhere and they all trick you into downloading their drivers programs. Got one of them right here on MG's, which I used to identify the outdated ones. I want to just get them on my own and do the upgrade. Had some luck, and some seems like its not out there for free.... or is it? Thanks.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I know this doesn't really help, but IMO, when it comes to drivers, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies. If everything is running OK, there is no need to update drivers. I have seen many, MANY perfectly functioning systems go south when drivers were "updated" (take a look at this thread for example). The only driver I ever update on my home personal system is the video driver, and I only do that update maybe 2 or 3 times a year. All the other drivers stay 'as-is' unless a problem comes up. The device you're referring to is the mouse driver and does not require updating. Think about it for a second: what can a new mouse driver possibly do better than your current one?
    LOL

3. biggeekwannabe

biggeekwannabe Private E-2

So right. I get all worked up thinking I've got to do these things, and I know you're right. Had it happen to me before over little stuff. Will back the heck off that one and let it go. Thanks for the suggestion. Need to end the thread? Don't know how to.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds