Hidden code in e-mail??

Discussion in 'Software' started by tridom, Feb 22, 2004.

1. tridom

tridom Private E-2

I received a strange e-mail the other day. It had the word pharmacy in it. I have a rule (Outlook 2002) to pick the word up and move these messages to a spam folder, but it didn't work. So I went to modify my rule and copy/pasted the word in case it had a space or something that I didn't see, but when I pasted it- the word that pasted was spelled entirely different (pharEmacy)

Anyone know how this is done? I'd like to know so I can defeat some of these stupid spam mailings that do. I suspect I've gotten a few more of them as my rules have failed a few times and I didn't know why.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

spammers are getting around rules by using HTML ascii characters that are displayed as a letter but are not picked up on by rules. Good luck using rules to pick them out.

may I suggest
    http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2295

3. tridom

tridom Private E-2

Duh.....

That's right....DUH. I shoulda known LOL. Me being a web developer and all that.

Thanks for letting me know how dumb I was for not thinking more about it. That's pretty embarrasing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds