Hide Taskbar Icons

Discussion in 'Software' started by AirWarrior001, Apr 7, 2004.

1. AirWarrior001

AirWarrior001 Private E-2

Hey geeks I was wondering if its possible to hide the icons which are found right by the clock. I want the programs to continue running but I have no use for the icons. I run Windows XP. Thanks!

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. David983es

David983es Private First Class

Right click on the Taskbar and select "Properties", when the window opens, at the bottom is a check box for "Hide Inactive Icons", make sure it is checked then click on "Personalize" button and you will see the icons with program names a drop down box, click the Dropdown arrow and select "Aways Hidden", and no more icons.

4. AirWarrior001

Is this possible with win2000 and win server2000?

5. threewingedfury

threewingedfury Private E-2

You can also type msconfig under Run and go over to Startup..
    that helps

6. AirWarrior001

I don't think the msconfig command works in 2000.

7. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

It does. I've been using it without any problems. Win2k doesn't come with it, so you would need to get a copy of the XP version of msconfig and put it on your computer. Do an internet search (e.g., Google) for it and download it.

8. AirWarrior001

I think WinXp only hides the icons behind the sliding arrow, is there a way to completely hide them? Thanks for all the help guys.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds