"High Definition Audio" driver: yellow quetion mark!?

Discussion in 'Software' started by holyone92, Jan 30, 2012.

1. holyone92

holyone92 Private E-2

Hi I am having this sound problem

I will tell my situation

1. In my "driver management" Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus shows with yellow Question mark and exclamation mark beside.

2. I have installed realtek, and have UAA, but in my "driver management" if I go to SOUND part, I don't see Realtek High Definition Audio

3. In place of sound, so I have no sound except that beeping sound comes out.

4. From what I assume, this all started to happen after I deleted this thing called "IDT Audio"

So I basically tried to uninstall UAA, Realtek, and reinstall them, and also IDT Audio, but I still don't see in my sound section "Realtek High Definition Audio" and Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus is still showing with yellow question mark... please help me... I would usually be able to figure things alone with computer, but this time I'm speechless...

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have moved your question to its own thread as its not clear you have the same hardware (motherboard) as the other user and the drivers could be different as many OEM makers produce custom drivers, especially for Audio.

So some questions for you

1. In Device Manager are there any other devices with Yellow ! Marks and if so what?
    2. What is the make and model of your Motherboard or PC if its an OEM one from the likes of Dell, HP, Acer etc if the OEM one does it have a Service Tag code on the case?
    3. What Windows version and Service Pack do you have?

What I would do to start with is uninstall any Audio drivers you have installed, then reboot and then check for Windows updates.

Then follow the below guide as written if you dont know the info for the questions above.

3. holyone92

holyone92 Private E-2

For the Question Number 1, yes there is one more Device with "Yellow Exclammation Mark". It's under the section "Port"
    "Multi-Port Communications Port"

Attached Files:

4. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend welcome to MG's :major , if you look at this

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...Id=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=4166077

there are nine different model's

HP Mini 110-3000 CTO PC
    HP Mini 110-3000ca PC
    HP Mini 110-3000ea PC
    HP Mini 110-3000ei PC
    HP Mini 110-3000et PC
    HP Mini 110-3000sa PC
    HP Mini 110-3000sb PC
    HP Mini 110-3000sd PC
    HP Mini 110-3000tu PC

you have to look at the bottom of the laptop , looking for the serial and service tag number , look at this !! :wave

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/image/...2BBF5068F6/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds