high end game wanted - downloadable (buy)

Discussion in 'Software' started by robertchikow, Jan 24, 2013.

1. robertchikow

robertchikow Private E-2

I'M looking for a high-end pc video game i can buy and download, mafia 2 keeps crashing; name of game and website to download (eg, amazon , gamersgate, etc.) ; great graphics wanted (i have a new gaming computer); thanks

2. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Far Cry 3 is pretty spec heavy and a damn fine game.
    Available from many places, personally I got mine from Steam.

Or if you really want to see how much power you have, Crysis (the first one) is still a beast to run maxed out... probably get it quite cheap too.

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Crysis managed an average of 35fps on a GTS 660i, in a benchmark I saw on YouTube when researching that card last night. Since I'm a cynic, that makes me think it's not that impressive, just poorly coded. ;)

TC, this list is a year old, but covers all the good places, and a few bad ones too. Read their return policies, privacy policies, and the user license agreements carefully before you start building a game library with someone.... my Steam library would cost me a fortune to replace if I had to buy it all again. Make sure you get your digital fix from a company worthy of your investment and trust. Ned and I can both tell you more about Steam (his addiction to that store is entirely my doing and I am proud of this fact LOL ), and others here can tell you about the others. I buy from GOG.com as well, but their games won't push your system.

Far Cry 3 will though. So will Metro 2033, Sleeping Dogs, or Skyrim if you mod it heavily. Most of the Skyrim mods will hit your video card, so if you don't have a beast there, mod gently and carefully.

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Steams awesome!

5. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

It's not that it was poorly coded as such, it was too good for it's time. I have run it myself at higher FPS than 35 (although not consistently) but there's no denying, it WILL test your graphics card and give you a good ride for a low price.
    But you are right in that it is not optimized for newer technology.

That's why I mentioned Far Cry 3 first, that game stresses my gtx480 and I can't run it maxed out very well, also a better game... but 3 times the price.

6. Mimsy

Okay, that is a much better way of describing Crysis than the one I used. and several PC games from that generation have the same problem.

As for games that stress video cards, The Witcher 2 might be worth looking at.

7. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

The sad thing is, given how innovative Crysis was, it's not optimized for newer tech, yet on release there was very little tech capable of running it. It's almost like it missed it's calling. I always said it was released about 4 years too early.

Witcher 2? I had no idea it was that heavy, I know, I know, I'm spose to play the Witcher games, just cannot get into them, I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't like them :-D

@Odion... erm... yeah, the Sims 3 is a pretty heavy game to run, although while we're on the subject of poor coding, Sims 3 is a prime example of that.
    Little confused by your post though, almost reads like it was meant for a different thread lol

8. Mimsy

Witcher 2 minimum and recommended specs. It's not very well optimized. If you have the hardware to max it out though, it's gorgeous and smooth. You just needs lots of muscle to move it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds