High Ping in games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by VoiD, Jan 10, 2007.

1. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

before it gets shunted to the games section i am almost certain it is hardware related as its virtually the same on a fresh install of windows

ok the problem.... in all my games i get a relatively high ping compared to most ppl... i mean like everyone else is getting about 20 - 30 ms and i am always about 60 - 80. it is the same in all my games and yes i know about server location effects it blah blah. im running a small network and my ping is the same if i go straight in the back of the router (tested by moving p.c. temp.)

i have done searching/diagnosing all progs that access the internet and blocked or changed options to prevent them from access/starting, i did not mess wwith services too much just programs i have installed, i have made sure that i am the only one online in my house at the time when testing also. i have updated my network drivers aswell. i run a program access control firewall (ZoneAlarm Free).

i really have run out of ideas for this, does anyone have any others thoughts i could try to get my ping down as far as hardware goes? im not too sure about what can be done at the phone company end, i have heard of having the Gain turned up but i would rather get more peoples opions on the job.

thanks fin advance, any ideas are welcome :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds