Highlighted items on Task Manager blinking

Discussion in 'Software' started by Moxikito, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Moxikito

Moxikito Private E-2

Yello Geeks..........

I'm no geek so i hope this is the correct place for the thread and that the information provided is enough.

My computer was running too slow so I did the basics (malware/virus/updates/defrags/clean unnecessary processes) and performance wise is completly OK for what it's worth. But now I've got 2 problems.

1. Highlighted/selected items on the task Manager (inside the Processes tab) blink continously/intermitenttly. Never seen that before and can't get a forum talking about the exact thing.

2. My computer will play the windows exclamation sound ramdomly for no reason at all. Sometimes several times a day, sometimes once a day other times not at all. No regular intervals for that to happen and no errors on my EV.

I have an HP8510W running the XP (pro) that came with it. I have an Unupdated Norton (won't pay them) and spyboot.

Hp told me (after long troubleshooting support phone calls) that it is a software problem and Microsoft tell me they don't support software installed by third party's. Gridlock!

Went about reading several forums to try to sort it out but I can't. Decided to register here and give it one more go. Don't really want to format the computer because i have some pinched office programs (this is a secret) that i won't get again if i do so.

Like i said performance wise the comp. is OK but for sure I have some problem that eventually will surface. Afraid of losing work or worse so need to sort this out.

Paid extra for a Business Laptop for the support that is completly USELESS so my thank you in advance for your non profit helping mentality to non geeks like me.

Thank you

2. Moxikito

Moxikito Private E-2

My problem is a non-problem??

Can I only post stuff or ask for help once the comp. once the computer is already not running?

Tkz any way ppl!

hasta

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds