Highlighter icon in IE?

Discussion in 'Software' started by askantik, Oct 5, 2007.

1. askantik

askantik Sergeant

Hello everyone,

I have received an email from someone inquiring about some type of highlighter icon that was in his old version of IE. I recently updated his PC so he has IE 7 now. I did some searching here on the forums, but can't find anything about it working with IE 7. Any tips? Here's what he says:

On the old computer, there was a highlighter icon on the tools bar. When you did a Google search and clicked this icon, the words you used in your
    search would be highlighted in the text, once you opened it up. I no longer have this icon, and haven't been able to make it appear. Perhaps I now have a different version of Explorer, and this new version no longer contains that feature. Do you happen to know anything about this?

Any help would be appreciated because I've never seen this tool before... Thanks :)

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I've never known IE to have this option. Are we certain that it wasn't part of a toolbar the user had installed? Maybe google toolbar?

3. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds