Hiren's BootCD menu not responding to keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Achmard, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Achmard

Achmard Private E-2

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and possibly help.

I'm having "file record segment xxx is unreachable" errors upon loading windows on my pc. I'm trying to use Hiren's BootCD from a USB to investigate/fix the problem.

I managed to get to the Hiren's BootCD menu but the keyboard doesn't respond so I can't select any of the tools.

More Info:
    - The keyboard is also connected via USB.
    - The keyboard works fine to access the bios setup and boot menu.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Achmard

PS: I posted this in the software section but hoping I'll have better luck here.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I posted a reply to your thread in Software.

The experts here will need the make and model of your computer and the OS you're running along with any service pack numbers.

Is the Hiren's CD the only one you're having issues with?

Also be advised that Hiren's is considered warez.

3. mdonah

Sorry, you won't get help here regarding problems with Hiren's Boot CD. Because it's considered warez, the owners of MajorGeeks and the forum administrator, among others prohibit it.

4. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

5. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Forgot to suggest using a PS/2 keyboard connection . . . I've had issues with some computers not picking up a USB keyboard when not booting into the OS.

6. mdonah

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds