Hiya all, recommendations??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Drizzles, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Allright, I'm assuming there's alot of people in the Networking area that are much more knowledgeable than me in this field ;)

Basically, I want to know if anyone has any other recommendations to my network/internet setup. Here's what I have running atm.

I have an ADSL2+ Connection 20000 down and 1000 up, 25gbs cap a month. (I usually see about 19700 down and 920 up and use about 80 - 90% of my cap, although this month I've used it all with 12 days left :-D :-o

I use the modem that my ISP provides, I run my machine on a Gigabit LAN connection and one Desktop + 1 sometimes 2 laptops in Wi-Fi (Desktop and 1 laptop 54mbps, the other laptop on 108Mbps) ... the Wi-Fi utilises WPA2 Encryption, I use NIS09 as my AV and Firewall (I know I know but 09s the best one they've made yet!!! :-D :p), I use Peer Guardian 2 as stray packet and intrusion blocking, I have port and ping stealthing enabled, these attack detection methods blocked on the router TCP/UDP Port Scan, Invalid Source/Destination IP address, Packet Flood (SYN/UDP/ICMP/Other), Invalid TCP Flag Attacks (NULL/XMAS/Other), Invalid ICMP Detection. The only ports I have forwarded are for Frostwire, uTorrent and Steam.

I have this machine, plus the other desktop set up to receive RDP from the 108Mbps laptop (local), the other desktop has the printer attached and is used as a gateway for printing ... the Gigabit LAN cable I use is only 2m long :p ... and well yer if you need any other info, let us know ... :major

Recommendations??

2. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Ino, I was just using it to distinguish between them ;)

Just a .11g ... nothing fancy :p

The ISP modem is a modem/Wi-Fi router ...

Nar not really having any problems, or at least none that are on my side of the WAN ... bloody telstra :guns :banghead ... just wondering if yous had any suggestions to improve the setup, speed, reliability etc .......

3. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Yes its the latter for me :cry its sooooo slow!!!

Lol ino but I'm a perfectionist :p

Brisbane I believe ... although I wish Telstras Hardware was better kept .....

4. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Lol ;)

If you can't think if anything else ... thanks for checkin ay :-D

Good to know I've got a good setup :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds