HL2 / CS online play, how is the cheating?

Discussion in 'Software' started by BluesMan, Jan 4, 2005.

1. BluesMan

BluesMan Sgt. Snot Bubble

Gonna pick this up this week sometime. Was wondering how bad the cheating is online, if any. Running into tons of cheaters with Americas Army and its driving me nuts.

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

I don't recall seeing cheats; what i DO recall seeing is in CSS beta that people used scripts so when they died they dropped a nade; not sure if its been fixed or not. The thing is that in CS you have a 1ghz machine and you can use cheaps like seeing through everything because the poly draw is relativly low. When you get into HL2/CSS it takes tons of processing to draw everything and to remove everything is 10x more the work; so cheaters with shotty machines will lag out / useless.

3. elementkid07

elementkid07 Private First Class

yea...theres a thing called aimbot that i am always bitched at for using...but i first dont no how to hack, second y play a game and cheat? wth is the point in that? well im pretty sure u download aimbot and u get all head shots and some ppl use wall hacks and speed hacks but u see those in like 1/100 games prob fewer its a really good game...thats about css i HATE half life deathmatch...its like totally not real and stuff i like more real games

4. be0

be0 Corporal

I have seen a few hacks in half life 2engine games (CS:S) but not as nearly as much as in regular CS or hl one engine....

I still get banned constantlly for hacks
    wtf I been playing the damn game for 5 years....

5. BluesMan

Picked it up today at lunch. Only briefly played the single player, im stuck in a sewer somewhere. Very impressive so far. Can't wait to install it at home and give it a few hours with some beverages ;)

6. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Lovin' the single player so far too, haven't put too much time in yet to DM or CS yet though.

7. BluesMan

Wifes out of town with the kids friday night, I'll be online with some tequilla and some sierra nevada ales. :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds