Hoping For Clarification

Discussion in 'Software' started by rasax, Jan 26, 2005.

1. rasax

rasax Private E-2

Okay i assembled a PC for a friend first time i have assembled an athlon 64. After i completed it i connected to the internet and downloaded the latest nvidia drivers for the Asus K8N chipset and then took it to my friends and set it up there. Now when i plug a canle into the network port the pc does not recognise a cable is plugged in. I have seen threads in other forums suggesting this is a problem with the nvidia drivers and that i should remove those and install the drivers from the mobo disk. This seems to make sense as it worked before the nvidia drivers but has anyone else had a similar problem ????. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

When you plug the cable into ethernet port is the orange LED ON and the Green LED Flashing? Is the ethernet port enabled in the bios? Your're sure you've installed the most recent Nvidia Nforce drivers? Can you see it listed under the device manager under network adapters? Have you run the connection wizard for the network connection?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds