Horizontal clipping; I want it vertical

Discussion in 'Software' started by frybo30, Jun 15, 2003.

1. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

My well-meaning son sent me an e-mail consisting of a clipping from a newspaper story. It is a story that started on one newspaper page and was continued on another. The first part of the story is vertical, same as a newspaper column. The continued part is horizontal in four segments. To get the two clippings on his scanner, my son placed them parallel, making both of them horizontal. To read the first clippping (the one that had been vertical), I have to rotate my head so far counter-clockwise it almost falls off my neck. Also, I'd like to print the e-mail, but the continued part runs off the right edge of my screen. I can read it using the left-right arrows, but how would it print? Can anybody help me with something that isn't quite earth-shaking, but is a problem nonetheless? Thanks.

2. netsurf

netsurf Private E-2

that problem can be fixed provided you have some imaging application. you said your son scanned the clips together and sent it to you to email. so i assume that the attachment is a jpeg? now, that would be easy to fix if you have some type of imaging software installed on your computer which would enable you to cut the 2 parts, then rotate one of them as you want and then merge them together. i can't tell you in details because i don't know what imaging software you have on your system. image editing software would fix that problem in a minute, but if you don't have such but have acrobat reader, that would be enough. i can show you how to do that with acrobat reader and MS paint that came with your operating system. but first, please tell me if you have any imaging software: corel photopaint, photoshop, paintshop, etc.

3. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

It's a jpg

You're right; it's a jpg image. I have Microsoft PictureIt and also IrfanView.

4. netsurf

netsurf Private E-2

thanks robo for continuing for me.

frybo, just follow robo's instructions. remember to cut the original jpeg in 2 parts like they were first put together. from then on follow the giving instructions you will get the jpeg image the way you wanted it.

5. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Thanks for the replies. The e-mail from my son is in one jpg image. He must have laid the two clips side-by-side on the scanner bed. I don't know how to follow the advice to "cut the original jpeg in 2 parts like they were first put together" using IrvanView. I can rotate the entire two-part image, but the configuration looks the same except for being rotated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds