1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotel access on laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grammadar, Jun 26, 2006.

1. grammadar

grammadar Private E-2

Can someone tell me what I need for my laptop in order to use it in hotels with internet access and what else I would need to know. Thank you.
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

You would need a laptop which has either Phone Connect port, Wireless or Ethernet connectability, but you will also have to check with the hotel on their internet setup, I have been to some with ISDN, Wireless and Ethernet a varied mix... depending on hotel group.

Either call them up and ask or if they have a website check their for details on their connections and what you need.
  3. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Calling ahead strikes me as a good idea.

The hotels I've been to have either wireless or wired ethernet (never both). I carry one of each card.