Hotmail blocking my emails

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pozzydrive, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi I've just started having a problem with Hotmail rejecting my emails to my friends and family, I keep getting rejections sent back through MAILER-DAEMON@n10.bullet.re3.yahoo.com, I did check out the thread email blocking but no joy, the following is part of a copy of the emails that keep getting sent back to me and I'm not sending spam (Names removed):

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<XXXXXXXXXXX@hotmail.com>:
    Remote host said: 550 SC-004 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for
    policy reasons. A block has been placed against your IP address because
    we have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP
    address. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Received: from [68.142.237.87] by n10.bullet.re3.yahoo.com with NNFMP;
    27 Nov 2007 12:30:28 -0000
    Received: from [66.196.97.146] by t3.bullet.re3.yahoo.com with NNFMP;
    27 Nov 2007 12:30:28 -0000
    Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp204.mail.re3.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27
    Nov 2007 09:48:27 -0000
    X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
    X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: 116322.85735.bm@omp204.mail.re3.yahoo.com
    Received: (qmail 17716 invoked by uid 60001); 27 Nov 2007 09:46:22
    DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
    s=s1024; d=yahoo.ie;

h=X-YMail-OSG:Receivedate:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID;

b=24dKTDqpktuuVdUR6SjnhLVamHa6YvLChbjLTnEN/HqQfVc94OjMebFvvAAJOEqY7TAhIkNc5uqrv1YqInmnEjxYBCGuFACF+6D+Cs3bXxjOVOKzbHEsZFEtOD/VQ9B13iRkY/9paw3F0B8VqfinHkDKYmz78osMiiANCBLgQZ8=;
    X-YMail-OSG:
    lXRzhJsVM1llnTHuC_wMJGjLQdfvAlhUPVdggUt8GRC0PY.G_OpsEVzeTL4e9Ps_Ivpq9ifTqP8Q3mWtwv3syj6qBP7Kbo0ujRJacQ7QaSOvOrGogNr8UFuehjI-
    Received: from [89.241.190.146] by web23415.mail.ird.yahoo.com via

Apparently others have had the very same problem and I cannot contact Hotmail nor even Yahoo for that matter to have them unblock, I see above there is some mention to Newman property or something, I've never even heard of them, is it possible for the spam to be attaching itself to my emails when I send, anyone any answers to this?

2. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

More likely your email address has been spoofed by spammers using it to hide thier email address, and has been blacklisted. I've been fighting this problem for years.

Another possibility is your computer is a zombie (infected with malware), sending email out when you aren't looking. You might think about following the procedure spelled out in the malware forum to see if this is the case.

As to getting a response from hotmail, you might see if you're friends or family using hotmail can leave feedback with MSN to resolve the issue. They are a lot more likely to pay attention to a customer than a potential spammer.

3. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi Bill
    Thanks for that, I definetly have not got malware, I'm running Nod32, Zonealarm, Spybot S&D, Adaware and CC, plus I don't use MS Outlook for my emails, straight through Yahoo, however whatever spoofing is might be whats happened, I've also asked everyone to place me on their safe list, that is those that I can get through to by using a different email address.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds