Hour glass ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by superimpose, Apr 26, 2005.

1. superimpose

superimpose Private E-2

I seeing somthing weird with my computer the hourglass goes and come back like somthing is going on please help?

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

Do you have spyware protection?

3. superimpose

superimpose Private E-2

yes i do

4. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

When does it happen?

5. superimpose

superimpose Private E-2

like a beat or more like a wink or pulse, it doesn't enterfear with none of my program but is strange before this wasn't happening plse help.I notice somthing else when i'm writing i set my corsor to the page i stop and look at the corsor and it starts to blink too.

6. cosmicbrat

cosmicbrat Private E-2

I have the same type problem with the hour-glass cursor... in this here tiny irritating little glitch on my computer, that I just can't peg-down to delete... It pops-up in my face every five-seconds while I'm writing...

I'm running W98se (a fresh load), 128 Ram, 500 htz... Every five-seconds the little hour-glass cursor comes-on for a second, even if the system is left idle for an hour... I have done registry cleanups, uninstalled all the updaters and links I could find.. I ran: Free Registry Cleaner, CCleaner, CMCleaner, Spybot, Node32, and did a regedit search and destroy for web-links.. and still the little hour-glass pops-up every five-seconds... I tried to stop it in mouse settings... I can't think of anything else to try..?

It's a pain in the face when I'm trying to write on a roll.. It damages my focus... I suppose over-kill would be to delete the hour-glass from the system.. but I'd rather just stop what's causing it to repeat.. because I like it when it indicates the OS is working on something extensive.. but this persistence is just a bit too-much...

It's as if something is forever trying to connect to the Net, but can't get through my personal settings, given that I prefer to do all the updating manually, so an update won't be locking-up the keyboard and mouse on me, when it momentarily takes all the Ram resources in the middle of a deep-thought roll...

How do I kill this little glitch?..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds