How can I completely remove Trusteer Rapport completely?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mark59, Dec 19, 2013.

1. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

I have uninstalled Trusteer's Rapport from my computer using Revo's free version of Uninstaller. It has not been completely removed from my system and I'm looking for a method of completely removing it.

I've raised a ticket with Trusteer but I don't hold out much hope they'll be in touch. On completion of the online form it said I'd receive an email with my ticket number. That was three days ago and still no such email.

I wonder if anyone knows either of a removal tool or some alternative method of competely removing this software.

My comp runs on Vista.

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

3. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

E-mail message attached with step by step instructions on how to remove Trusteer's Rapport.

Attached Files:

4. rustysavage

I just noticed that you are using Vista. I'm not 100% that the fix works on Vista but I don't recall ever telling support that I was using Windows 7 so I'd imagine that it's a platform independent fix. When I first contacted support I didn't get a response to my first request so after a few days I just shot them off another email, noting in the message that I had already sent them an email request several days prior. That apparently got their attention because I received a ticket number within the hour. So, if the attached fix doesn't work, then email them again.

5. Trusteer Support

Trusteer Support Private E-2

Hi Mark59,

We're sorry you encountered difficulties contacting us and would be very interested in assisting you.
    Our support representatives are available 24/7 via live chat, at this link: https://server.iad.liveperson.net/h...AppKey=f907f2d9acd64b7f8c00b83bed3c2822&bId=1,
    or the "Live support online" link on our support site: http://www.trusteer.com/support.

We'd also be very interested in investigating why you didn't receive a reply. Please give your support rep. the email address you submitted in the form so that we can ensure this doesn't reoccur.

Thanks,
    Ayala
    Trusteer Technical Support

6. rustysavage

I should add the fact that the instructions allowed me to completely uninstall and then reinstall Trusteer Rapport

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds