How can i find hidden program?

Discussion in 'Software' started by andyman77, Jan 19, 2011.

1. andyman77

andyman77 Private E-2

hi all,

a friend of mine was showing me about 'super silent manager' which can be put on computers without the person knowing about it. Unfortunatly though i have a feeling that as he was showing me stuff, he put it on my computer. Now i need help to try and find out if it is or not. I know when the 'super client manager' on the 'watched' computer is installed it is supposed to hide itself away so noone knows its there. So where would i start to look to see if he has connected through my IP address or not, or if it is indeed been put on or not.

Thank you for any help

Andy

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Sounds like a RAT, maybe a good rootkit scan would find it - but don't bank on it, some of the remote access tools out there are super-stealthy :(

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Might try this from Super Silent Managers page.

To Uninstall Silent Client from a Remote Computer:

Manually Uninstall: If you have access to that computer:

Go to that computer's desktop screen, then press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F11. This secret key stroke will start the Silent Client Settings Window. When the password box comes up enter the password and press enter. Once the setting window comes up, click on "Uninstall" button.

Good luck.

4. andyman77

andyman77 Private E-2

thanks guys. managed to get it sorted and believe it not to be on my computer. Thanks for your time and suggestions

Andy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds