How can i find out what kind of motherboard do i have?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jaxsgeek, Aug 7, 2008.

1. jaxsgeek

jaxsgeek Private E-2

I try crucial and here my results. I want to add more ram.
    Your Crucial System Scanner Results

Our System Scanner couldn't make a complete match

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is a list of what our scan was able to detect:
    System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
    System Model: N68PA-M2T
    Motherboard Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
    Motherboard Model: N68PA-M2T

Your Computer Specifications

512 MB EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY
    Maximum Memory Capacity: 2097152 MB
    Currently Installed Memory: 512 MB
    Available Memory Slots: 3
    Number of Banks: 4
    Dual Channel Support: N.A.
    CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
    CPU Family: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ Model 11, Stepping 2
    CPU Speed: 2200 MHz

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I did some research, it appears that the Biostar N68PA-M2T is the same as TF7050-M2 which is the same as this.
    According to the specs at that link, you could use up to 2gb per slot, for 8gb total of DDR2-800... However, a 32bit operating system will only address up to roughly 3.2gb of RAM even if you have 8gb installed, so keep that in mind when upgrading. For more info about 32bit architecture and memory limits, read this. I hope this clears things up a bit....

[dlb]
    :major

(so, to take full advantage of the dual channels, you'd put 1gb & 512mb of DDR2-800 in each channel for a total of 3gb. You'd need 2 x 1gb and 2 x 512mb DDR2-800 = 4 sticks total.)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds