How can I found out if Norton is slowing down my system

Discussion in 'Software' started by Albertos, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Albertos

Albertos Private E-2

My Internet goes very slow starting can be faster.

So I wondering how come.
    I have run;
    Combofix
    Vundofix
    Spybot
    Norton
    Bitdefender
    PC media PCmav RC22 (antivirus scanner)
    VirtumundoBeGone
    And other tools.

but all of them come clear.

How can i find out if Norton is not slowing down my system. I live in Indonesia and work with a 56k6 modem. So deleting Norton and reinstall, will cost my a whole day. Because of slow internet in this country.

On request I can place a Highjacklog.

Thanks,

Albert

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's. i got rid of norton a long time ago for the same reason it realy slowed my system down. it is Notorious for it. why not try a different anti-virus.
    there are loads of free ones right here at MG's.

ANTI-VIRUS

3. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Norton will slow a system down drastically; many users are ridding themselves of Norton products for this simple reason.

Personally, I recommend AVG AntiVirus or Avast AntiVirus. Both of these applications are free, uses very little resources and update often. Either one of these will do a better job than Norton so it will be a big difference in performance.

If you choose to remove Norton, download SymNRT, save to desktop and run the utility.

Also, be sure that you do not run multiple antivirus applications as they will cause conflicts.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I agree its always good to explore alternatives; how else will your taste in apps ever improve?

However, to improve the performance of your computer, you can also perform a number of software tweaks. You may find simply running fewer applications will speed things up significantly.

5. Michael York

Michael York Norton Authorized Support Team

Hi Alberto

My name is Mike and I am a member of the Norton Authorized Support team. In order to better assist you with your problem, could you please let me know what Norton product you are using and what version. The newest version of Norton is drastically improved. Please let me know what versions you are running and I will help you out.

Thank You,
    Michael York

6. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Welcome to Major Geeks, Michael. :major

You will meet many anti-Norton folks here. :cry

Hope you can help out our Indonesian member and any others who need help convincing them to use Norton again. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds