How Can I Recover Data From Mini-sd Card Without Sd Card Reader?

Discussion in 'Software' started by nvrsbr@netzero.com, Jun 24, 2017.

1. nvrsbr@netzero.com

nvrsbr@netzero.com Private E-2

i want to see if theres any recoverable files on the mini sd that i keep in my phone but when i connect the phone to the computer it recognizes it as a "portable device" not a "removable storage" drive thus the data recovery program does not have it listed in the drop down box. is there any way to get windows 7 to recognize my device (phone) as storage and assign it a drive letter or is my only option to run out and buy one of those usb multi-card reader? i appreciate any input and assistance very much. oh and forgive me if my terminology is off but im not well versed in pc parlance. thanx

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Your mini sd card should have come with an adapter to connect it directly to a laptop or desktop pc via USB. That is what you need.

3. nvrsbr@netzero.com

yeah i have the mini sd adapter that makes it like a regular sd card but the problkem is the computer im using doesnt have a card reader

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I just use the USB adapters. You don't need a card reader when using that.

5. nvrsbr@netzero.com

i try and windows only recognizes my device as just that a "portable device" and assigns it no drive letter. so then when i open the data recovery tool its not listed as a scannable option

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

A micro sd usb adapter is different. So that's what you need. Plugging your phone in, with the SD card in the phone, is not the same at all. If its content can't be scanned in the way you are connecting it, then its the direct USB adapter that will enable that. Pop out and buy one.

7. nvrsbr@netzero.com

alrighty i kinda figured that was my only solution. thanks for your help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds