How can I restart and show the same pages?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mulcherman, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Mulcherman

Mulcherman Private E-2

Hi all. Is there a way to close down my machine and when I re-boot, to still have the same pages open on my browser? (sorry if this is a repeated question, but I couldn't find it in FAQ).

Thanks.

2. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

I doubt if it's possible for the browser, but for the explorer it's possible, i'll let someone else confirm

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

if you want the same page to open in your browser IE7/FF/OPERA all you need to do is open tools and set the page you want as HOME PAGE

[​IMG]

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Firefox and Opera are also both capable of starting up with the last page you had viewed.

Opera does it by default, and Firefox can be set to do it by:

1. Selecting 'Options' from the 'Tools' menu
    2. Selecting 'Show my windows and tabs from last time' under the 'Startup' drop down.

5. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

Sorry, i thought u wanted the browser to open directly at boot, if not, so IE7 has an option for that :
    Code:
    If you open more tabs in IE and when you close IE 
    and then have pop-up ask you want to close all tabs 
    but the next time you want to restore all tabs 

This trick work 
    click Show Options in pop-up and tick 
    "Open these the next time I use Internet Explorer"
    Also using Opera, but this one save automaticly my last opened tab(s)
    Hope that this can help;)

6. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

This is also possible. Simply drag a shortcut into Start --> All Programs --> Startup

7. Mulcherman

Mulcherman Private E-2

Sorted. Thanks all.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds