How can i unlock the core multiplier on an amd phenom x4 9750

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheRealGEEK, Jun 29, 2009.

1. TheRealGEEK

TheRealGEEK Private First Class

i have a computer i built myself with a phenom 9750, asus m3n72-d mainboard, nvidia gtx 260 core 216, running windows 7 rc. it is a 2.4 ghz cpu that is running at 1.2 ghz. (12x multiplier running at 6x) I need Help!!!!!!!!!!:confused:(

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

The motherboard should have auto-recognized the CPU and set it normally. I just check the Asus web site, and the 9750 has been fully supported since the initial BIOS release, v0102. Updating the BIOS shouldn't hurt anything as long as it's done correctly. But first, I'd reset the BIOS to default using the on-board jumper, then go in and check EVERYTHING to be sure it's set as it should be. If that fails, try flashing the BIOS. You can download BIOS updates (a new BIOS was released on June 5 2009) and the flash utility and how-to all at this link. They don't list W7 as an OS, but if you use the appropriate Vista software (32bit or 64bit) you should be OK.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
    :-D

. . . and welcome to Major Geeks! :major :wave

3. TheRealGEEK

thanks i have bios 603 and made sure the cpu was fully supported. windows 7 says it is 2.4 ghz but cpu-z says it only runs at 1.2 ghz, ht 1.0, and the computer is extremely slow

4. 2-Bit-Geek

2-Bit-Geek Sergeant

I had a X4 9750 and found it to be the most dissapointing CPU I ever paid for :-D

It can't be overclocked, it's slow & it runs very hot considering it's speed :confused I ended up replacing it with an AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz Black Edition. If you want more speed it is the top AM2+ AMD CPU, it overclcoks madly and it's nice & cheap atm, win, win, win LOL

:major2-Bit-Geek:major

5. TheRealGEEK

thanks ill take that into consideration

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds