How Decrypt Laptop Files.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dread_2004, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Dread_2004

Dread_2004 Private First Class

Does anyone know how to decrypt files on a laptop running XP.

The laptop has 6 user accounts and one of the users (lets say user no 1) was having problems so somebody (lets say no.2) renamed their account to
    user1.old User no. 1 then logged on thus creating them a new user account for themselves. Now number 2 got number 1 to log off and they logged on as admin to copy across the my documents, favourites etc from the old profile to the new one. When number 1 logs on they can not open any of their photos comes up with a blank square with a red x, in paint, picture and fax viewer. In their profile the files are there but the 'my documents' and all the file names are now in a green text and encrypted. Everytime we goto decrypt the files we get an access denied error. This happens when logged in as admin or as the user.

So we then renamed the new profile to user1.old1 and removed the .old extension of the original profile, so user 1 can log on as their original profile and hopefully decrypt the files, no such luck. They still cant even open thier photos, its like they dont exist but the files are definatly there.

I wondered if any of you guys have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any information.

2. Dread_2004

Dread_2004 Private First Class

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds