How did this happen!?

Discussion in 'Software' started by CaNoFzOo, Jun 19, 2004.

1. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

I saw a TIF file and a DAT file in my picture folder... I NEVER MADE these. The TIF file was of a picture I made in paint a long time ago, but it was modified and there were spots all over it. If I didn't do this, how could this have happened? I deleted the TIF file and the DAT file. I should have saved this so I could have showed you guys. But hopefully you can shed some light on my problem. Thanks!

Could it be because I got a new scanner yesterday? I don't know how they could be linked but.... who knows.

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

tif = in this case temporary image file. This is a file created when you rotate an image with windows picture previewer. The .dat file was a thumbnail cache file for when you view the folder with thumbnails.

3. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Thanks Goldfish. I don't remember EVER rotating that picture with windows picture viewer... I don't even use windows picture viewer. Should I not worry about it or...? :confused:

4. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

The picture had even gotten a new name. No idea how that happened either...

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Weird. I'm sure its nothing to worry abouth though :)

6. simonk

simonk Corporal

tif files (imaging)
    if you have a scanner you can open the image in a tif file if you have set it up on a network .
    go file- acquire image - type in ip address of scanner (scanner selection box)
    and it should bring up the image.
    so it must have be to do with your new scanner it must have found your old .bmp file and converted it to a tif file

7. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Thank you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds