how do big companies make there cd-rom disks???

Discussion in 'Software' started by jonlimle, Sep 10, 2008.

1. jonlimle

jonlimle Private E-2

i was wondering what the big companys like sony use to make cd-rom disks is it a special software or special hardware or is there a way that a person at home can make a cd-rom not a cd/rw but a cd rom

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yeah- you can burn one. Just close the session and it will be a CDROM. A CDRW just signifies a different type of media; CDRW discs can be erased. CDR (or CDROM) discs cannot be erased. Anyone with a CD burner can create a CD. Just burn it. If you need to create a lot of discs, you can get a duplicator that is essentially a tower with one CDROM drive and up to 20 (or more) CD burners (CDRW drives). The source goes in the CDROM drive and blanks go in the other drives. You push a button and it burns copies. They are expensive and you DO NOT need a PC to use it. They are stand alone machines and the duplication software is written to some chips in the machine so you don't need a monitor or Windows or a keyboard or mouse. Just a power cord and an outlet, and a stack of blanks. But this is only for mass production; like I said.... ANYONE with a PC and CD burner can create CDROM discs.

3. jonlimle

jonlimle Private E-2

i was trying to make a ps2 game that will bot without hard or softmodding it

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Oh. Ouchie. I think you may just have earned yourself a ban from this site.

5. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Actual professionally created CDs are created in a CD press. The discs are injection molded in a process that's not all that different from how vinyl records were made. It's expensive and you can't afford to do it unless you need a couple hundred thousand CDs.

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

anyone want to buy 199999 cds[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds