how do i change the resolution of my web page on windows 7?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tomc456, Mar 25, 2012.

1. tomc456

tomc456 Private E-2

i am on firefox browser,my web page is too narrow and the text too small? thxs

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Hold down the ctrl key and move the mouse wheel forward to increase text size.
    Resize the window by dragging all 4 edges of the browser window to the edge of the computer display.

3. tomc456

tomc456 Private E-2

i hold down ctrl,but nothing happens,plus,when i maximise,the screen it is off centre of my screen,i have a vga connection,to an lcd TV

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Ctrl++ and Ctrl-- is the method I use, works on all browsers I've tried in recent years, also works for PDF readers too.

The description of the off-centre screen reads like you need to setup the TV/monitor, there should be buttons on it to enter the setup and adjust it to your graphics output.

5. tomc456

tomc456 Private E-2

still no joy!!!

6. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

From your description is seems the problem is your aspect ratio. Is there any way to change your LCD TV's aspect ratio to 4:3? It is probably set to 16:9 if you have a wide screen LCD TV.

If you cannot change the aspect ratio of the TV then try changing the resolution of your graphics adapter of your computer. For a High Definition Wide Screen TV you can set your computer to 1280X720. If your graphics adapter can not handle this resolution then try setting it to 853x480.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds