How do I choose a video card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The Leopard, Oct 26, 2004.

1. The Leopard

The Leopard Private E-2

Hi all

I want to buy a new PC, and will probably buy a complete package online. But I'm a bit thick when it comes to all this stuff. As I am a writer, I spend all day reading the screen, so I want to make sure that I don't end up looking at anything blurry. I'm told that most TFT screens are of a similar quality, and that it's the video card that's important, so I'd like to know how to choose one if I'm not going to try before I buy. It doesn't have to be all-singing all-dancing - I'm don't really play games or anything - but I do want my word files etc to appear crystal clear.

Any advice?

Many thanks

2. 50cal

50cal Private First Class

well like you said you wont need a Geforce 6800 256

what do you run on that pc

i play and work on mine i am not realy to happy with this 5200 for games these days but hay it was fast once

FX 5200 would do fine or a GeForce 4 would be up to the job

there around the 30 -50 $ area

3. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

a TFT screen is a type of laptop LCD.
    basicaly any video card will display clear text.
    if you are buying a laptop and they offer different types of screens some will be better then others.

4. The Leopard

The Leopard Private E-2

Hi

Thanks for your help. I'll be running XP Pro and Office 2000.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds